FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — Coconino County Sheriff's officials say they're investigating a homicide case after the body of a man was found west of Forest Lakes.
They say the sheriff's office received a call Sunday afternoon about a dead person lying along a road about a half-mile (.08 kilometers) south of State Route 260.
Detectives say the man had severe trauma to his body and head, but had no identification.
Investigators and crime scene personnel from the Arizona Department of Public Safety also responded to the scene and assisted in the investigation.
The victim was transported to Flagstaff where an autopsy will be conducted by the county medical examiner's office.
Sheriff's officials say the victim is about 60 to 70 years old, weighs about 110 pounds and is around 5 feet 6 inches tall with gray hair, gray beard and mustache and was wearing a white “Head” sports polo style shirt, off white shorts with a black leather belt. We was wearing black socks and New Balance tennis shoes.
Anyone with information about the man or this case can contact the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office at 1-800-338-7888 (press option one) or call Silent Witness at 928-774-6111.
More like this story
- Officers involved in Sunday night shooting placed on leave
- Family of 4 found dead in Arizona vacation cabin
- 5 Colorado deputies shot, 1 fatally, in 'ambush' attack
- Autopsy: Burns, smoke killed Grand Canyon helicopter victims
- UPDATED: Truck crashes, falls onto train tracks off of Hualapai Mountain Road