GRAND CANYON - National Park Service (NPS) Rangers and special agents with the National Park Service Investigative Services Branch (ISB) are investigating a double-fatality that occurred at Grand Canyon National Park on, or around, Sept. 18.
Jessica Bartz, 22, and Garret Bonkowski, 25, are believed to have entered the park Sept. 18. Bartz and Bonkowski, both from Peoria, Arizona, were found below Trailview 2 Overlook, along West Rim Drive on the South Rim earlier this month. Their vehicle was located in a nearby parking area.
Investigators are seeking information that will help determine the circumstances surrounding their deaths. If you may have seen Bartz and Bonkowski in the park on or around Sept. 18, or if you have information that could help investigators, please call or text 888-653-0009. Tips can also be submitted online at www.nps.gov/ISB or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips can be made anonymously:
Call or text the ISB tip line at 888-653-0009;
online at www.nps.gov/ISB and click "Submit a Tip";
email email@example.com or
by message on Facebook @InvestigativeServicesNPS or Twitter @SpecialAgentNPS
Information provided by NPS
More like this story
- Counting the days: North Rim shutdown to begin Oct. 16
- National Park Service ranger shoots suspect at Grand Canyon
- Grand Canyon's North Rim closed for the season
- Visitor falls, dies after climbing over rail at Grand Canyon, rangers urge safety
- Grand Canyon fall victim identified as 24-year-old Illinois man