AZGFD proposes changes to fishing regulations for 2021-22
PHOENIX – State game and fish officials are contemplating changing the daily bag limit for trout in Arizona from six trout per day to four trout per day.
The Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) is proposing this and other amendments to Commission Order 40 (sport fishing bag and possession limits, special regulations, and specific closures) for calendar years 2021 and 2022. The public is invited to review and comment on the proposed changes, AZGFD wrote in a news release.
AZGFD will host a Facebook Live presentation on Aug. 6 at 6:30 p.m. to discuss the proposed changes.
Comments or suggestions can be submitted until 5 p.m. on Aug. 28, either by email to email@example.com or by mail to Arizona Game and Fish Department, Attn. Fisheries Branch, c/o Andy Clark, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix, AZ, 85086.
The amendments are scheduled to be presented to the Arizona Game and Fish Commission at its Sept. 25-26 meeting.
In summary, the proposed amendments would:
– change regulations on the East Fork Little Colorado River upstream of Colter Dam to include a seasonal angling closure.
– open Lee Valley Creek to angling.
– change angling regulations on Burro Creek to include a seasonal angling closure.
– change angling regulations on Thompson Creek to include a seasonal angling closure.
– change angling regulations on the Upper West Fork Black River to include a seasonal angling closure.
– open Grapevine Creek to angling including a seasonal angling closure.
– open Dude Creek to angling including a seasonal angling closure.
– create seasonal harvest and bait restriction regulations on River Reservoir.
– create seasonal harvest and bait restriction regulations on Little Colorado River (Greer) upstream of River Reservoir to the confluence of the East and West Forks Little Colorado River.
– change the statewide daily bag limit for trout from six to four.
– Restore the statewide daily bag limit for trout at CC Cragin Reservoir, Knoll Lake and Nelson Reservoir.
Click Below to: