Winners of annual Arizona Big Game Super Drawing announced
PHOENIX – On Wednesday, July 22 at Arizona Game and Fish Department headquarters in Phoenix the winners of the annual Big Game Super Drawing were announced, according to an AZGFD news release.
The prizes included 10 Special Big Game Tags, one for each of the state’s big game species – bighorn sheep, elk, mule deer, white-tailed deer, pronghorn, bison, turkey, bear, javelina and mountain lion. The permit-tags were awarded by AZGFD. Drawing tickets ranged in price from $5 to $25, depending on the species. A New Mexico elk hunt, an “Alaska Dream Hunt,” and a Swarovski optics package also were awarded.
In the 15-year history of the drawing, more than $8.4 million has been raised for wildlife and wildlife management in Arizona. This year’s event raised $864,415, crushing the record of $692,500 set in 2018, the news release noted. The 2020 winners were:
– Bighorn sheep: Joshua Ankert, Mesa.
– Black bear: Nathan Rodriguez, Haughton, Louisiana
– Bison: Timothy Anderson, Tucson
– Elk: Paul Herrick, Green Valley
– Javelina: Gerald Ramaklus, Phoenix
– Mountain lion: Matt Parmeter, Las Cruces, New Mexico
– Mule deer: Terry Schupp, Tempe
– Pronghorn: Bradley Hoffman, Lake Elsinore, California
– Turkey: Richard Messinger, Yuma
– White-tailed deer: Darren Choate, Mesa
– New Mexico elk hunt: Alan Burch, Shreveport, Louisiana
– Alaska Dream Hunt: Daniel Potter, Buena Vista, Colorado
– Swarovski optics package: Steve Lewellen, Queen Creek
Every dollar raised for each species through the drawing is returned to the department and managed by the Arizona Habitat Partnership Committee (AHPC) for that particular species
Information provided by Arizona Game and Fish Department
Click Below to: